Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Aria,

I waited for this day to come for many, many months. Now that's it's here, it's as bittersweet as I knew it would be. I'm happy, yet a little heartbroken all at once.

Since you've turned two, you've gained an independence about you. You've also eased out of that leech-attachment to Mommy. No longer all afternoon and evening are you begging me to hold you (actually you prefer to walk all the time on your own now). You don't scream in horror when I put you down for a moment. No more can I get you to sit on my lap while you eat your dinner. And when you wake at night, it's simply for a drink of water or a pouch, then you're back to sleeping in your crib. You don't even need me to pick you up anymore; you don't even ask for it. You're now content with sitting in your crib as I walk out of the room to get you your midnight snack. It doesn't scare you anymore; you know I'll come back like I say I will. It seems you actually prefer your comfy bed now over laying with me on the couch. -that part I do not mind, because I get a little more sleep.
But I do miss our hours of cuddling.

Can you slow down a little bit, please? You're growing up way too fast for my liking.

-Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment