Monday, February 13, 2017

No More Teething!

Aria's last 2-year molars came through and we didn't even realize it.
Her second top molar came in about 2 weeks ago. I went to check on it this weekend to see how far it's come and then decided to see if her bottom ones were on their way. What a shock! One is almost all poked through and the other's point it out. I guess these didn't bother her too much because she's been sleeping fine, not too cranky (any more than normal), and her nose barely ran.
I'm so happy not to deal with baby teething anymore. Our philosophy for the kids has been to allow them to keep their pacifiers until they've cut their 2-year molars. After that, they can use a stuffed animal, lovey, or in Aria's case, a Dora doll, as their comfort object. We don't see a physical need for pacifiers once they no longer need something to soothe the teething discomforts.
So now we start the many ways to get Aria unattached from her pacifiers. On her own, she can go all day without it if she's kept distracted. But once she gets upset over something or goes to sleep, she wants it.
Instead of dragging this out with poking holes in them (which I don't like to do because I get scared if they fall apart when she's sleeping, she'll choke), only allowing them in the car or when she's sleeping, and then transitioning out of those phases, I want to just throw them away, deal with a few days of her looking for them, and then be done. But she's doesn't transition as well as Luc did on these kinds of things. And she also has a fiery spirit. Her fits are monstrous. Am I willing to deal with those instead of dragging it out?

No comments:

Post a Comment