Luc's PreK 4 class will be every day of the week from 8am til 11am this year. A bunch of his friends from PreK3 luckily got into the same class as he (there are 2 sections). I know that will make it easier to get back into being at school. When we walked into the "meet the teacher" last night, a bunch of girls from his class last year were coloring at a table and they all looked up and yelled "Luc!!!" Luc just smiled and played shy.
Aria joined in with the older kids- sat down, grabbed a few crayons and a picture and started coloring and talking. I wonder if she can sit in on his class too.
![]() |
| What will Aria do everyday without Luc around? -Girl time with Grandma! |
We've been marking the August calendar everyday counting down to the first day of school. As we got closer and closer Luc started saying he wasn't ready for the summer to be over yet. And he said he needed more days. Oh boy, you're only going into your second year of school where you still have play time and do crafts, listen to stories, etc. and you're not ready? What will you be like when you're in high school? We've got 13 more years of this kid. God help me getting this kid outta bed in the morning.
Then this morning, after we took some pictures, we still had 30 minutes to kill, and he kept asking when we could leave. So we sat outside and he started asking me a million questions about what this year will be like. I dropped him off 20 minutes before class started. And he did a little wave when he was out of the car and walked into the school.
This year Luc will be going to chapel service once a week for 30 minutes. We're excited that it'll help teach him to sit still and pay attention and participate, and maybe when Aria is a tad older, we can actually start attending church on a regular basis.-When we can sit in the church and listen and not just "play" in the nursery/quiet area.
Luc will also have a music class this year on a regular basis. I'm excited for this for him as well because he's naturally musically inclined: he can remember the rhythm to a song and play it out on an instrument such as the recorder or harmonica without knowing what the notes are.
This year the teacher will be focusing on an alphabet letter each week. The kids will also do a type of show and tell once a month too. Since Luc doesn't like everyone looking at him at once, I don't know how he's going to do with this activity.
I can't wait for our car rides home in the afternoon where he tells me things he did in school and what he learned. I love to "see" his brain get bigger and his world enlarge.
I know that at the end of this year he will be fully ready (as much as you can be) to start kindergarten. Bah! I don't want to think about that yet.




No comments:
Post a Comment