Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Butterfly ~~Fly Fly Fly!

Frederic and I often sit on the weekends and wonder what we can do with the kids. We get tired of staying home, they get cranky and difficult, and the weekends end not having had much fun.
With Labor Day weekend being 3 days and the hurricane missing Maryland and leaving the weather really nice, I wanted to find something special we could do. I remembered my co-worker mentioning this butterfly house at Brookside Gardens in Silver Spring. It's only 25 minutes from our house, and after looking it up, thought it would be lots of fun. So Sunday we packed a lunch and headed out.






After spending over an hour in there, we had to drag Luc out to eat some lunch before we headed back in for another hour or more. He got to see caterpillars and different stages of chrysalis, which he remembered from learning at school last year. Of course there were hundreds and hundreds of butterflies flying around too. Luc was a little scared with the first one Frederic put on his hands. But then Luc loved it so much he was determined to keep holding them in his hands all day. "Just one more!"



Aria thought it was pretty cool too, though after awhile she wanted to just sit on the stones. Then she started bossing the butterflies around to join her: "Sit, Fly! Sit!" Since it's in a greenhouse she was also getting very hot and thirsty. But I had left the water bottles in the car. I thought for sure she was going to clock a one year old and steal his sippy cup every time he walked by us.



I just love the pure joy and amazement on his face!


 I got to hold one too! And it does tickle!



No comments:

Post a Comment