Monday, August 29, 2016

Aria-20 months


Favorite colors: Purple, then pink. I tried to put pink pj pants on her one evening and she had a fit because they weren't purple. ...as she's pulling them off her legs: "Puur-purle!" "Puuurr-purlllee!!!" She doesn't even have purple pj pants. Big Sigh.


New Phrases:
Aww, cute. (got that from Luc, for sure)
Don't want no more.
You done, Goo-Goo? ...Now? (when she wants his toy, waiting for her turn)
Look, Mommy/Daddy/Goo-Goo! Look.
Look, Daddy!


Food:
Aria will still eat just about anything we offer her (if she's in the mood for it). I can't remember the last thing she tried and did not like. Her newest adventures are: pickles, hummus, raw peppers and carrot sticks, olive medley from the olive bar, and Doritos.

My Cookie Monster
We think Aria may have a slight allergy to strawberries. Since it's the summer and her eczema is gone, we tested tomatoes (which we thought was a culprit) but she's been fine. Which is good because it's one of her favorite foods, and you better watch out for your tomato plants. She will pick those tomatoes right off the vine and pop them in her mouth.
My other hunch was strawberries. My dad had a slight allergy when he was kid as well. Every time she has a lot of strawberry yogurt or strawberry in her pouches, she'll get rashes on her elbows and legs. When she's had a lot of fresh strawberries, it's a little worse. Thank God she doesn't have a respiratory reaction to them. But her Ped recommended we get her tested when we take Luc back to the allergist in December. Just to be sure we know what she's allergic to, how severe, and how we can wean her immune system to accept the food(s).
Aria randomly started drinking milk! What?!? Again, I think it's Luc's influence. Luc randomly asked for milk and Aria followed suit. We're running with it.

So we're not entirely sure what goes on in Aria's head at night. It seems her separation anxiety was peaking again and nothing but holding her would console her. There were lots of sleepless nights. Then she started refusing to wear her footie pjs. Then my mom suggested to layer a onsie under her pjs because she might be cold at night. Since she won't stay under a blanket during the night, I tried this. And so far so good. Let's knock on some wood so I don't jinx it. I know she's always been sensitive to cold, but my goodness. Her vent it already barely open to just to keep air circulating. She better get over her footie pj protest in time for cooler Fall and winter. I have a bunch of fleece ones waiting to be used.

Aria is super excited about her new lil cousin, Alexis. Every time I show her a new picture, she says "Awwwww, Baby!" and then kisses my phone. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment