Last weekend, Luc and I went with Grandma and Grandpa to New Jersey for my cousin Karen's daughter's baptism. Luc did an awesome job in the car ride up there and coming back (though coming back that night I was so tired I wiped out the last resort for entertainment- the ipad- and let him have some fun until it was time to go to sleep.)
At the party for the baptism there were some other kids there as well. A boy was just over a year, and the girl was 20 months. Saturday evening my Aunt Lucille allowed Luc to play on the keyboard for a little while and then showed him how to turn it off. Sunday, Luc wanted to play with it again. Since there were other kids there and already a lot of noise, we told him he couldn't play with it. Later that afternoon the kids were playing peek-a-boo with each other in that same room as the piano. While I was peeking in the doorway, the little girl started banging on the keys and wanting it to turn on. Luc stood there looking at her, then walked over to the piano and started telling the girl, "Me turned it off." The little girl kept saying something like, "On. Fun." To which Luc kept repeating to her: "No, me turned it off." Then: "No, little girl. No." I couldn't help but laugh in the doorway. This is the first time Luc has been the older kid and seeing him give instructions to another kid made him seem so much older and mature. And it also warmed my heart to know he really does listen to me and follow instructions even when he and other kids want it the other way (and when the adults aren't in the room with them).
No comments:
Post a Comment