Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Luc's 1st day of Kindergarten

Luc started the big leagues yesterday! Kindergarten. Full day, all day: 8am-3pm. Lunch with the big kids; computer, music and P.E. with a different teacher and room, and uniforms! Lots of changes this year from preschool. Luc loved his first day. He was all smiles when I saw him and asked how his day went. He normally wouldn't give me any details but what he had for snack, but yesterday I learned a lot about Kindergarten.


I did learn about snack time: after lunch, today: rainbow goldfish.
There are 20 kids in the class.
There is a new boy in his class that has the same (!) lunch bag as him! (I'm saying this with exclamation because Luc was really impressed by this).
He didn't nap during quiet/nap time, but he did lay there quietly.
He saw his PK4 teacher, Mrs. Maack. And her room changed and now she's right next door.
When he enters the classroom in the morning, he hangs up his bag in the cubby, puts his lunch bag on the shelf above. Then he has to move his card into a bin to show he's here for the day. Then he gets to sit down and do an activity before the bell rings.
He's classmate, Spencer, from PK3 class is in Kindergarten with him, and he seems happy about that.
He didn't have time to finish all his lunch. All that was left was a quarter of his sandwich. Not bad!

Luc is super excited to go to Computer class this year. He keeps asking me when he's going. (I don't have the schedule yet, so I told him to ask his teacher).
He also doesn't care about having to wear a uniform. He didn't even want to bother changing when he got to Grandma's after school. And he's very protective of it. We went to his allergy shot and he insisted bringing the umbrella in with us because it was supposed to start storming and he didn't want to get his uniform wet.


Aria did okay with Luc being in school all day. She loved being able to play with his new flashlight laser toy. No tears today, though we are expecting it later on. She did say she missed him. She's also a little jealous; she's desperate to go to school too.















It'll be interesting to see how Luc develops and changes now that he's in school all day. I'm excited to see him learn new things, navigate homework, and improve his skills. 
I am also curious to see how Aria will change. She has been with Luc the majority of hours in a day since birth. Even when he was in preschool, he was only gone for 4 hours (half that time she was napping). Now it'll be like she's an only child with Grandma. She won't have to worry about Luc stealing toys. I know she will miss playing with him (when the mood strikes), but I'm also happy she gets some one-on-one time with Grandma and some alone time to play the way she wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment