Monday, January 9, 2017

Aria's Birthday Party

 Aria's party took place a little late after her birth day.  -This year, Christmas was over the weekend and so was New Years, so it had to be pushed back to the following weekend. At 2, she doesn't know the difference. When she's older, we'll have to see how that works.

Aria loves Peppa Pig! When it's on TV, she's absorbed completely. So we decided to make that her theme this year.
We kept her party small, just family. I also made it super easy on myself and got some sandwiches catered and also got the cake made by Wegmans. They have a cute Peppa Pig picture to put on top, and that beats me trying to ice any cake, any day!

 I did some low-key, last minute party decorations:




 Aria got so excited everytime I put something up, she had to go around and touch each picture.

The super cute Peppa Pig cake:

Her precious princess dress (thank you cousin Kendall!)
 It started to snow heavier when the party was about to start, so the grandparents were a little late, and Uncle Dave came later in the afternoon (we celebrated Grandma's birthday at dinnertime).

 

The night before Aria's party, I was prepping some side dishes and Luc realized he hadn't made anything for Aria. He wanted to make something at Grandma's that day, but I guess he forgot. We told him to color her a picture, but he insisted it had to be more than that. Frederic got home early, and since I was too busy to find something on Pinterest (that we actually had the materials needed already at home), we suggested he go to the store and pick out a little gift for her. Frederic brought him over to Toys R Us and searched for her gift. Without wanting anything for himself, he left with a Peppa Pig purse that you can color. As Luc stated: "Because she loves Peppa Pig, and LOVES coloring!" And she loves to be a girly-girl, so this was a prefect present for her indeed. And she loved it.

Aria had tons of fun ripping open her presents:



And before the cake was even set down on the table, she had already blown out the candles. So we had to relight them so I could get pictures of her blowing them out:



 

And coloring with Bonne-Maman; because this little girl cannot go a day without coloring:


Even though Aria was fighting a bad cold, and we got about an inch + of snow, she loved her little party!

No comments:

Post a Comment