I just don't know where to begin...Height: 39.5 inches
Weight: 32.6 lbs
Shoe size: 10.5
Clothes sizing: 4T-5T
Best Friends: Kira, Vasna, Ryan
Loves: School, his bike, racing cars, being outside, swimming, the beach, playing in the snow, the playground, helping garden the flowers and herbs on the deck, one-on-one time, jumping on Daddy & Mommy's bed, board games
Dislikes: Sharing with Aria (99% of the time), veggies, sleeping by himself ("I get lonely at night in my bed."), the dark, when Aria gets into his box of treasures, dressing himself
Luc is such a wonderful child. Though he has more bouts of jealousy with Aria, he's kind, smart, funny, observant, and fun. He's still shy and takes awhile to warm up to some things and people. He proceeds with caution, knows when he's hit his limit, and is overall still pretty obedient. He doesn't like to say goodbye to people. He doesn't like to give or get kisses when he's pressured into it.I love to see him shower his sister with attention and affection. I beam with pride when he takes care of her and watches out for her too.
Luc's favorite thing he did each day (during the week) is "go to school." On the weekends, he's constantly asking us when he goes back to school again, how many more days.
Luc is getting more and more curious and takes in everything he learns. And he also loves to see how things work. My parents had their front door redone and Luc was so fascinated how it got fixed. In the evening, if we play a game with Luc before his bedtime, I turn off the kid TV show and put on HGTV. That same day, I did that. Luc usually isn't interested and will ignore the TV (hence why I do it). But this night, he started watching Property Brothers and how one of the guys was installing a new window in the house. Luc finally turned around and told me, "I'm interested in that kinda stuff now. I saw Grandma's door get fixed today. So now I want to see, you know, grown up stuff. ... it looks like hard work."
He loves music, especially singing, though sometimes he's even too shy in front of just me to sing a new song. When Luc learned the Veggie Tale's 'The B-I-B-L-E" song, he couldn't stop singing it all night long. And he was singing it a little too loudly. But how can you tell him to stop when it's a church song? It was just too cute too.

Luc craves to go outside every day, sometimes more than once or twice a day.
He also asks "How can I help?" or "What can I do?" whenever we're cooking, making something, fixing something, etc. We're taking advantage, even if it means a little mess.
What do you want to be when you grow up? Astronaut or a Helicopter Delivery Pilot
Favorite color? purple and blue
Favorite thing to do? play in the tent with Aria
Favorite song? "The B-I-B-L-E", "Who Built the Ark," "Go Tell it on the Mountain"
Favorite movie? The Lego Movie
Favorite TV show? "I can only pick two: Maya the Bee and Blaze."
Favorite food? brownies
Favorite toy? remote-controlled cars
Favorite part of school? Besides playing with Kira outside- Music Class.
Luc,
You're entering a new phase and one in which I haven't prepared myself for at all. I feel as though I'm entering a new phase as well and facing the fact that as you age, so do I. Yes, that's logical (as you will say) but it's something more than that too.
You're growing, you're coming more into your own, you're more helpful, smarter, more curious, more emotional, and more a lot of other things. Your opinions and ideas are mostly all your own, though I can guide them a little sometimes. I love to see how your head works. I love to listen to you when you come up with a solution to something (even a world problem). I'm fascinated to see how you came up with that reasoning. And usually, in small scale, it does makes sense and would work.
I'm more proud of you too.
You can do so much more for/by yourself now too. I don't fear as much when you're climbing on the playground, I don't watch you when you run to make sure you don't fall. I'm confident to let you play on the deck with your remote-controlled car, by yourself or watching Aria when I have to turn my eyes away.
My favorite memories of you this year is repeating things you've learned in school, strengthening your belief and understanding of Jesus, and taking care of your sister. Even though you've also gotten more jealous of Aria and Mommy not spending enough one-on-one time with you, you take care of Aria like a big brother should. I love when you stop teasing and dance with Aria in the kitchen, or start brushing her hair for her when you get out of the bath. You're such a good brother when you make sure she doesn't fall down the steps, or needs help climbing onto a chair. When Mommy's hands are busy, you will help her with a toy she cannot open or get untangled. I pray your relationship will only strengthen and the love between you will grow. She is the only one in the whole world who will understand where you come from and how you were really raised. You'll have a bond no one else can come between. She is your lifetime friend.
You're my first born and we're connected by a bond of entering this family life together, not knowing what to expect, not knowing how to handle new phases, and figuring it all out together.
You're such an amazing kid, with a personality and character to match. You're gonna go so far in this life. I just know it.
I love you, Monkey.
-Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment