Dear Aria,
I've meant to write you more letters as you grow up, but time has gotten away from me. I thought I'd do it after your monthly updates and then got sidetracked with something else.
You're growing up just too fast. You were an infant for a second, a baby for a day, and now you're a full on toddler.
You amaze me everyday. Many times Daddy and I hear or watch you do something and we look to each other with our mouths open. Did she just say that? Did she really just do that? You copy your older brother like you're his mirror image. You don't believe in boundaries, size differences, age limits, or height restrictions. If Luc can do, darn it, so can you! -Or at least you try your hardest.
You're so determined. You know what you want, when you want, and how you want it. You don't take No for an answer, or for guidance. You hear, sometimes acknowledge it, and then go about what you were doing in the first place before you were so rudely interrupted.
Even though you love to do things for yourself, you can also be the most loving and caring. Way before you're even supposed to you, you have empathy. You care about those you know and make sure they are okay if they're upset. You know when to say you're sorry. And you've learned a kiss and/or hug goes along with that. When someone is upset, not only do you ask if they're okay, you then try to make them laugh. You know for Luc, you chase him around, tackle him onto the ground and sit on him until he gives up and laughs. For Mommy, you come right up to my face and give me a big smile or a silly face. Are we talking about a 19 month old baby? Yes. But you might as well already be 2 or 3 years old. Can you slow down a little?
Don't get me wrong, I love your personality coming out in full force. You're full of life, for sure. But I wasn't quite ready to let go of the baby yet and have two young kids.
I look forward to our girl time coming up. We'll paint each others nails, admire the sparkly jewelry in the shop window; you'll play dress up in my clothes and jewels and shoes (which you actually already do). At the same time I'll continue to miss dressing you in teeny tiny clothes, feeding you in my arms, and watching you sleep in your crib.
How could you be anything but a strong, free-thinking, spirited girl? I knew you were a fighter for life when I was grieving immensely of the loss of my grandma when you were only a few weeks in my belly. The reality is that stress could have easily effected you, but you hung in there, grabbed tight and refused to let go.
Sugar and Spice. Firecracker. Snuggle Bug. Spitfire. Cuddle Monster. Miss Independent. Mommy's Girl. You're night and day. -The smiley sun by day. The mischievous night under a secret sky.
You are my love.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment