Tuesday, August 9, 2016
19 Months Down
When I'm feeling down that Aria doesn't get the same amount, or kind, of one-on-one attention from me like Luc did, I have to remind myself that Luc helps teach Aria a lot too. -And not just bad things. And essentially, he's helping me so I don't have to do so much (though I have lots of other things to do now- like break up fights). So thank you, Luc!
Luc has sat down and taught Aria many things (including climbing onto the bed and jumping, painting with a brush, holding a crayon, how to work certain toys, how to open things) and through copying (walking down the stairs by holding onto the railing, drinking from the thermos cup straw, climbing down from her carseat).
Most helpful though is Luc allowing Aria to come into bathroom with him when he needs to use the toilet. The pediatrician warned me that may have an early impact on Aria, but I really wasn't expecting anything. All the sudden, on the last day at the beach, I was changing Aria's diaper and she asked to sit on the potty. So I took her and held her there. She did nothing, but I praised her anyways. A week or so after we were home she started randomly asking to sit on the potty when I change her diaper. I started doing it each time. She seems to ask more when I'm changing her right before bed. She pats her front and says "pee pee" and pats her butt and says "poop". One evening before bed I sat her on the toilet and she peed a little. We both realized and she let more out. A few days later, before bed, she asked to go potty. I was holding her there for a few minutes and she wasn't doing anything but imitating the pooping sounds and faces I had made to her the other day. My legs were getting tired from squatting down, so I kept asking her if she was done. "No." Okay then. I held her and waited. Then I look and she had pooped. I told her Good Job! And asked if she was done now. "No." oookay... she grunted one last time and more poop came out. Then she pointed to the toilet paper and we were done.
I'm trying really hard not to get too excited that I might be done with (at least day) diapers before Aria is 2 years old.
Favorite things to say:
-That's Mine! (she loves to make sure everyone knows what belongs to whom. "Mommy's Car!", "My Goo-Goo!" "Daddy's shoe!" "Goo-Goo seat!". If she knew how to write, I'm sure each thing in the house would have a label.)
-What's that? (when she's hears something unusual, or sees something new)
-Can count to 2, and then thinks 3 is 2 also. "1,2,2."
-Every color is purple. Even when you correct her, she repeats purple.
-When Luc is crying (because he hurt himself, or is having a tantrum over something he didn't get), she follows him around and asks, "Goo-Goo, okay?" "okay, Goo-Goo?" And then tries to climb on him to give him a hug and kiss, and ends up making him laugh and feeling better. (She calls Luc Goo-Goo, because we often call him Luc-Luc).
-She's good at saying "Sorry" and giving kisses when she hurts someone.
-Responds to "Thank you, Aria." with "Thank you, Mommy." instead of You're Welcome.
-Likes to pretend she's a dog, hands you things from her mouth while crawling on the floor (she got this from Luc, of course).
-Walks down the stairs, holding onto the railings.
-Walks on the curb like a balance beam.
-Climbs out of her car seat by herself when unbuckled.
-Takes off her shoes and puts them in her shoe basket.
-Started putting our names into her ramblings when she sings: "Balamalalalaaa Mommy, Daddy, Meee" ... "Laaalaalalalaaa Mommy, Goo-Goo, -Mommy-GooGoo!"
-Hums along with me when I hum to her before bed
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment