Sometimes I just sit on the floor with the kids and when they're off playing, I stare at them. It boggles my mind when I stop the world from spinning for a minute and realize I have two little kids. They often drive me nuts. But I also feel so loved by each of them. I feel like I could never be alone in this life because they are a part of me. They are marvelous kids, and I'm so lucky they are mine.
Whenever I'm feeling defeated by the world, that I'm just not good enough or can't possibly improve, I look at these babies and find strength from somewhere deep down inside myself that makes me keep going, work on my faults, pray for forgiveness, and at least try my damnedest to be better tomorrow.I love them so much it takes my breath away, makes me tear up, and shakes my heart.
This year was the best Mother's Day yet. We celebrated with our parents and Uncle Dave the day before at our house, on the new decking, with a BBQ. So Sunday was a relaxed day with the kids and Frederic. Even though Aria was up quite a lot in the middle of the night, she slept until 7am. Luc came into our room while I pretended to still be asleep and climbed into bed next to me. He laid there until 7am. Frederic got up with both of them so I could stay in bed. Then at 8, they came up with the presents and a cup of coffee.
Luc made me something in school and had Frederic hide it in his trunk for a week so I couldn't peak (even though it was wrapped by the teachers). The teachers had marked off "I <3 YOU" in painters tape on a canvas, and Luc painted it with orange and teal. I love it, of course!
Frederic got me lots of loose tea from Teavana, a tin, and a glass mug that brews the loose tea in it. Yum!
We went for a walk/bike ride around the block a few times. Then we took our bikes to the big playground where our neighbors were heading too, until lunchtime. After Aria's nap, we went to Tutti Frutti for forzen yogurt. The rest of the afternoon was chill, with evening baths, then bedtime. After Luc was in bed, Frederic went out to get sushi for dinner. The weather was awesome (which is nice after 2 weeks of rain!). Perfect day!


No comments:
Post a Comment