Friday, March 4, 2016

Going to a Chapel

Over the weekend we went to NY for Matt and Jackie's engagement party. We were ecstatic that we hit absolutely no traffic there or on the way back. I can't even remember that last time that happened. I love traveling in the winter (especially since it was an unusually warm weekend)!
On the ride there, the kids napped and kept occupied. Aria wasn't too cranky. On the way home, whatever bug Luc has been fighting on and off this winter struck again. He slept the entire way home, except to eat some applesauce and peaches for lunch. He then slept the rest of the day on the couch. Aria slept a little as well. But then was a pain the rest of the trip. She was still sleepy, but the sun in her eyes was bothering her. There was no way to console her without sitting next to her, which I can no longer do with the new car seat.
Sunday was also Frederic's birthday. After we got home and cleaned up, we hung around. I gave the kids baths and before we knew it it was time for bed. I made Frederic dinner and he opened his presents. When Luc is feeling a little better we'll get cupcakes to celebrate more.

We had a good time at the engagement party. It was good to see family, as always. Before the party, Jackie and Matt came over my aunt's house and they asked Luc to be their ring bearer in the wedding ceremony with this cool magnet puzzle:


Matt then asked Frederic to be one of his groomsmen. -Which of course Frederic accepted.

Party pics:

Jackie holding Aria


Congrats Matt & Jackie! We can't wait for the wedding in September 2017! And to officially have Jackie a part of our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment