I'm so impressed and proud of Luc today.
We got to Grandma's this morning and had a better breakfast before we wanted to leave for school. 15 minutes before we were going to leave, Luc was asking to go already. I distracted him by taking pictures on the front steps.
He jumped into the car without a worry in the world. When we pulled up to the school, the vice principal came to take Luc out. He looked a little worried at first because we had told him one of the assistants from his class would get him out and he had never seen this woman. But he rolled with it. He got out and started to show her his sticker with his name on it. I handed him his tote bag from out the window and the teacher let me take a picture of him before she led him inside. I told him I loved him and goodbye, and he just grabbed the teacher's hand and walked away. She looked back in surprise at how nonchalant he was going in. He didn't look back. He noticed the chalk drawings on the walkway and was pointing them out to her as they walked into the school.
I only choked up when I was saying goodbye. It helped me that he seemed so cool and natural with this whole thing. If he had been crying or scared, it would have been harded to push him to go.
![]() |
| Just walkin away |
Luc had a great time on his first day. Once he got in the Grandma's car, he started telling her all about his morning. And he continued through out the rest of the day when he would remember something.
They sang and danced, read a few stories, got to play, the teachers did a puppet show. And before snack time they had a potty break. For snack they had fruit snacks and he chose to have milk.
He remembered some girl yelling because she was mad, but he didn't remember why she was mad. He also told me a kid was asking him for a truck Luc was playing with and only said "Can I have..." and Luc said he turned to him and told him he was supposed to say "Please"- Can I have...please." He beamed with pride when he told me this. I was shocked and gave him a high five. Later, I was thinking, man you keep telling kids to behave they're not going to like you. I'm hoping those social behaviors don't yet start in PK3. Do they? Although, to his credit, he is one of the oldest in the class. So he's supposed to be helping the younger ones, right?
He said he was a very good boy. He was a little sad because they didn't go outside to play because the playground was muddy from the heavy rain the other night.
The teacher told Grandma he did very well on his first day.




No comments:
Post a Comment