Aria's first tooth came in yesterday! The front bottom, on her right side.
I feel getting teeth is one of those milestones of leaving babyhood. The more teeth she gets, the more real food she can eat, the less bottles she needs. The less bottles she needs, the less I feed her in my arms and the more she's independently eating in her chair, or on the run.
I've read some babies who are barely bothered by teething, and I just don't believe it. I would love to meet this child. Aria has not handled teething well. And these two front bottom teeth have been pushing for at least a good month or two. She's chewed on all sorts of stuff. The last 2 days before this tooth actually broke through, Aria would take her bottle just fine, but eating solids with a spoon was a no go. She would cry the entire time. I would break up the spoonfuls with teething wafers which she loves to munch on. And of course, during the night she would wake up multiple times when her pacifier fell out of her mouth. Poor thing, the journey has just begun.
I'm going to miss her gummy smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment