Wednesday, July 3, 2013

19 Months Young

It's hard to remember that Luc is still under 2 years old. Being the youngest in the family and among most of our friends, I have to remind myself he's younger than what I keep thinking and expecting him to be. There are times when Luc acts older than 19 months that again, I have to stand back and think in the timeline of one's life, 19 months should still be considered a baby. But he acts anything but that.

Luc's top two canine teeth have finally poked through! Total teeth: 14

Ever since we got home from Belgium, Luc has been completely uninterested in his own toys. When we were in Belgium, Luc was playing with other kids who were 2, at the youngest. Us noticing his love for their 'older kid' toys and pretend play things, we decided it was time to pack some silly 'baby' toys away and find some more fun things for Luc to have now. We ventured out to Ikea and purchased Luc a play kitchen. He absolutely loves it. I've showed him once how to pretend to wash the veggies in the sink, sprinkle 'garlic powder' (an empty spice jar I gave him) on the food in the pan, and how to taste test the tomato soup with the laddle. Show him once, he will remember, and keep doing it by himself. That is his thing.
And yes, still left-handed.

Luc has always liked being in Frederic's arms when he vacuums the house. It's just another machine that makes a 'vroom' noise. But now, Luc wants to help and do it himself.
He actually picked up some dirt on the floor. Free house cleaning!


Luc's new favorite games:
 -Waving and saying Goodbye to me, then I pretend to cry and say "nooo, don't leave me!" Luc comes over and gives me a hug and a kiss. I like this game!!
-"Counting" to 3 (he only actually says 'two', sometimes 'three' so he makes a sound to imitate the word), and with his fingers (imitating me) while I hold him, then saying "GO!" and I skip to the other side of the room with him. Very good exercise for me.
-Pointing to the corresponding color you shout out on his multicolored ball.

New Words:
Yea, No, Go, bike, blue, CouCou (the French word, not 'crazy' in English), Bye/ByeBye, bus, up, down, peas, two, three, bad, help, back, bug, rock
Luc will now call any woman who looks older than me, whom he starting to like and trust, Granma.
Now that Luc says and understands the word Go, if you sit at a stop light in the car or stop the stroller for too long, he'll let you know he's not happy sitting still and tell you to "GO!"
 Luc is also starting to string two words together. "Momma, Help" "More...please"
I love his little voice. <3

Blanky/Pacifier Update:
We've gotten Luc down to using them only when he's sleeping and sometimes in the car. Out of sight, out of mind works well with him during the day. I don't mind him keeping the blanky for bed times, but the pacifier must go soon. I'm a little nervous to see if poking holes in the pacifier will work. But since he's not dependent on the pacifier during the night (if it falls out, he doesn't wake up looking for it), I'm hoping it'll all go smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment