Thanks, Nathalie.
1. List 25 random facts about yourself.
-Born and lived in New York
-Loved having Hermit Crabs as pets when I was a kid
-My brother, Dave, was my best friend growing up
-Started coloring my hair in high school. Didn't stop until I was 24
-had a pet angora rabbit named Fluff.
-Used to dance
-Play the flute and piccolo
-Want to learn how to play the piano
-Love to learn about other peoples' lives that are completely different from mine
-Love to Read
-Need time to myself everyday
-Enjoy cooking, but not baking
-On my way home, often think about keep driving on I-95 until I reach my old house in NY.
-Want to learn Italian
-Want to live in a warm, tropical place, near a beach
-Hate wearing shoes
-Low Maintenance. Don't have the motivation, and now time, to style my hair everyday, put on a lot of make up, keep my nails nicely painted, accessorize, etc.
-Read the news everyday
-Wish I had studied abroad
-Want to run in a 5K
-Find gardening to be relaxing
-Want to write and publish a book
-Am right handed, but do throw and kick balls with my left because of mirroring my brother as a child when I was learning from him.
-I've never broken a bone
-Want to take Ballroom dancing lessons
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have.
-I have always feared someone breaking into my house, especially when I'm home.
-Loosing loved ones in a random, horrific accident.
-Heights. My ankles start to shake even watching something on TV.
3. Describe your relationship with your spouse.
We come from a similar family life, have common goals, and understandings about life and people. We enjoy doing a lot of the same things. We also grew up differently, in different parts of the world, and we continue to learn things from each other everyday.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
-Go out and party
-Don't be shy about boys
-Be more outgoing
-Study a little harder
-Learn French- you really will need it in your future!!!
-Stop comparing yourself to others
-Wear more form fitting clothes and don't cover it with your jacket
-Eat healthier
-Enjoy your boredom and no responsibilities
- Don't be self conscious. The girls in school who are skinny now, will be fat later. And vice versa for you. That's sweet revenge.
5. What are 5 things that make you most happy right now?
-Seeing Luc laugh with his whole body
-Watching Luc learn things on his own
-Lazy days as a family
-Warm, sunny days
-No traffic
6. If you could have 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
-Frederic to have a less stressful, time-consuming job
-Live somewhere that has no winter (with all my family close by)
-Be a stay at home mom
7. What is your dream job, and why?
I've always wanted to work for a magazine, writing columns, in NYC... because I love the medium of magazines, I love to write, and I love NYC.
8. What are 5 passions you have?
-Being a happy, teaching, understanding Mom
-Enjoying nice weather by doing things outside
-Maintaining a healthy, happy home
-Sleeping more than 7 hours at night (ha!)
-Opening my mind to real issues in the world
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
-Frederic: Teaches me to be more open-minded, love unconditionally. He's also brought me places around the world, made me an ole married woman and a Mom. He encourages me to stand up for myself and remember I deserve better when things aren't as they should be/aren't fair.
-Mom: The example in which I strive to be on how to be a Mother, how to sacrifice, and be a moral, honest person.
-Dad: We're so alike that for a long time I thought we were completely different. Now that I recognize just how similar we are, I learn things about myself by watching and listening to him. He's been a strong, reliable, sturdy presence throughout my life and a lot of how I act, and react, is directly learned from him.
- Luc: He teaches Me about Myself. He makes me fight to be a better person everyday. Life is more important when you bring someone into this world; my needs are not as important as his; my actions must be responsible because I am responsible for him.
-Grandma O: Even if you have not had a perfect, fairytale or 'normal' childhood and family, you can create your own happiness, follow your heart, know that it is not money but rather loved ones that make you rich. And even in the later years of your life, there is so much to live for and so much that brings happiness.
-Nathalie: She can survive everyday, being home with 3 kids which includes twin boys and not loose her mind. She teaches me I can definitely find the strength to handle one child. Her strength to raise those kids and do so much while her husband builds a prominent career is inspiring.
- Dave: Creativity allows your mind to stay fluid and young. Deciding to follow your dreams can work out and make you happy.
-There are many people I know that also influence me to not be like them: Not to focus your life on money, working 24/7 and never being with your family, gossiping all the time and behind people's back, eating like a cow and complaining about your health, not enjoying each day's beauty, not recognizing we're not the only country and culture in the world, not being thankful for how lucky we really are to be living in the USA and not have to worry about being bombed on our way to work, starving to death, or contracting horrible diseases we don't have money to cure.
10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
I work very hard not to make a fool of myself. I cannot think of anything truly embarrassing. If something did happen, I just brush it off and forget about it.
11. Describe 5 pet peeves you have.
-Slow, selfish drivers
-Selfish people
-People who feel entitled
-A mess
-People not being on time
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
Weekday: 4:30-5am Luc wakes up, feed him a bottle, lay down on the couch and fall back asleep until 6am. Get him ready to go to Grandma's while Frederic gets ready. 6:30, start getting ready for work, at work by 6:50-7am. Sometimes run errands during lunch break. Finish work at 3pm, drive to Glen Burnie to pick up Luc from my parent's house. Return home around 4-4:15pm. Feed Luc at 5pm. If it's nice outside, take a walk. Otherwise, the evening is spent doing laundry, playing with Luc, giving Luc a bath, preparing dinner. 6:30-7pm: Cook dinner. 7pm-Frederic comes home. 7:30 eat dinner as a family. 7:45-8pm, put Luc to bed. 8-10pm: clean up from dinner, shower, watch TV, talk with Frederic. 10:30pm: Alseep.
13. What’s the hardest part of growing up?
Making hard life choices, being responsible for yourself and others, no longer being care-free.
14. Describe 5 weaknesses and 5 strengths you have.
Weakness
-Not tolerant of close-minded people
-Sometimes too controlling
-Don't give most people second chances
-Find it hard to be trusting
-Hold people to very high Standards. I expect people to be moral and honest to the point when they're not, they don't want to let me know because they fear I'll judge them and be harsh on them.
Strengths
-Patient
-Easy-going
-Selfless
-Organized
-Good listener and give good advice
15. Describe when you knew your spouse was the one or how you fell in love.
On our first date, Frederic and I took my dog, Cali, for a walk. We were talking about random things when my world suddenly stopped, I looked at him, and just knew he was the man I would marry.
16. What are your 3 greatest accomplishments?
-Surviving college (my living situations, not the studies)
-Marrying Frederic
-Settling into our house in Columbia and starting our family, with Luc
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
Standing up for myself, speaking my mind, and following my heart's desires.
18. What do you think your spouse loves most about you?
I love unconditionally and make sacrifices to make others happy.
19. How did you feel the moment you became a parent?
It was an overwhelming sense of happiness, that my purpose in life was beginning.
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
-Moving to Maryland from New York. Leaving my house, my friends, and family and going somewhere completely unknown to me with a slightly different 'culture'.
-4th grade, the first time I had a 'fight' with a 'friend' and she started telling others mean things about me. I remember my mom telling me that you can't please everyone in life and not everyone is going to like you. I remember learning there are some people who will take joy out of being mean to you and you're not meant to get along with everyone you meet in life.
- Rotating sleeping in my or my brother's room Christmas Eve night, waking up super early and opening our stockings together before we went to wake up Mom and Dad.
21. Describe your relationship with your parents.
Mom and I have always gotten along, shared similar interests. She's always been my shoulder to cry on and mouth for reasoning. She made a perfect balance of mother and friend. Now we're even closer since she helps take care of Luc.
Dad and I distanced during my teen years, like many girls do. As I said previously, I've learned that my Dad and I are a lot more alike then different. There's a silent, common ground between us. Words don't always need to spoken to have a conversation or share opinions.
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
-5 years: I see Frederic and I expanding our family plus one while learning the ropes of toddlerhood with Luc.
-10 years: I may or may not still be working full time. I'm sure my 'free time' will be spent taking Luc to soccer practice and running around keeping the kid(s) active.
-15 years: I will gain a little more time for myself in which I can take up some of the hobbies I left behind.
23. What’s your favorite holiday and why?
Halloween. I'm not quite sure why since I hate being scared and scare very easily. But I like how there is no other holiday like it, it's close to my birthday, and it's in the fall with the crisp, cool autumn weather. You can disguise yourself and be someone/something else for the night. Oh, and the free candy!
24. What’s your favorite thing about parenthood?
Watching Luc learn things everyday and accomplish milestones. Getting to hear his belly laugh. Spending my time and effort making him happy.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
God. And whatever food he prefers. -He's God afterall. I would like to ask a million different questions about life on this Earth, solve mysteries, and gain a sense of comfort for my future.
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
Anything in Pop Culture- drugs, sex, cheating, celebrity status, etc. People have turned sins into normality. And even though they're still not 'right', they're seen as being 'acceptable'.
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
My Legs. They always remain slim and toned and without them I couldn't do a lot of what I love to do in everyday life.
28. What’s your favorite quality in your husband and why?
He's hard-working. Though most of his effort is spent at the office/at work, whenever there is something else that requires or captures his interest, he's determined to get it done and gets it done as near to perfect as possible. He sacrifices a lot to get that given thing completed/accomplished.
29. What are your hopes and dreams for your posterity?
Happiness, health, love, faith. Whether life gives them good fortune or bad, these are the things that make life enjoyable and fulfilled.
30. List 10 things you hope to be remembered for.
-An awesome Wife
-A Loving Mom
-A Supportive Sister
-A Good Daughter
-Accepting of others
-Reliable
-Fun
-Happy
-Doing things for others without expecting anything in return
-Hard working
Thank you! But I'm pretty sure I've lost my mind. I left it on the c-section table the day I had Logan and Taylor. LOL
ReplyDelete