Everyone says how hard it is to be a parent. I get it now. For me, working 40 hours a week, driving an hour a day commuting to get Luc from my mom's house, coming home and entertaining him while trying to cook, clean, pay bills, do laundry, clean up, etc., get Luc to bed and shower- I'm exhausted every day of the week. And weekends are no time for rest. I can't remember the last time I slept in. The latest I've "slept in" since Luc was born was 6:45am. Yes, parenting and caring for Luc sometimes calls for prayers for patience, but the hardest part of this job as a mother is the pure feeling of exhaustion every single day with no sight of the light at the end of this tunnel.
Luc is still rolling over spontaneously. I think he does it more when he has less clothes on. Whenever I'm going to give him a bath, I leave him on the mat on the floor in his diaper. I check the water temperature one more time, and when I turn back around he's flipped over, silently, onto his tummy and is just looking around.
Luc grabs everything. EVERYTHING! It's going to be insane when he's more mobile and starts to grab everything. And of course, everything goes into his mouth.
He still loves to stand more than sit, and sit more than lay down. He's getting more control when he sits on the floor, so I'm thinking soon he'll be able to sit by himself.
We've gone from sweet cooing and ahhing to screeches and screams, with some babbling. Oh, and the raspberries are great too. Makes for extra dribbles of spit all over his face.
Even though Luc's Pediatrician recommends starting solids at 6 months, since Luc stares you down whenever you eat something, I've started to give him a little rice cereal mixed with formula left over from the bottle he just ate. He's got a hang of the spoon and actually now opens his mouth when he sees it coming. I'm not sure he's such a fan of the taste of rice cereal, but he manages a few spoonfuls. This month I'm going to try carrots. Then, when he's 6 months, I'll start trying other foods.
| Trying to play by sitting with help from Mom |
There is light at the end of the tunnel. These challenges will soon be over. After all, he's not going to wake up at 4 AM, scream, and grow teeth for the rest of his life. I don't know about sleeping in until 10 AM, but maybe 7 or 8. And just wait until he can say I love you, mommy, at bedtime. So precious!
ReplyDeleteUntil then maybe you could drop him off at my parents or yours for the weekend - grandparents bonding time!!!