As I watch Luc grow so fast before my eyes, it makes me step back and realize how I took for granted those moments when he was a newborn- the skin-to-skin time and sleeping all the time and anywhere (especially in my arms or on my chest).
So as he grows up, I want to remind myself never to take for granted: him taking naps in my arms, needing to hold my finger as I hold his bottle when he eats, or stroking my arm to entertain himself while he's eating, needing to be rocked and cuddled to be calmed, wanting to be picked up, loving having his feet tickled and just laying on the changing table cooing and smiling back at me for an endless amount of time.
I know one day Luc will be embarrassed to have me kiss his cheek (instead of opening his eyes and mouth wide open when I do it now) and wanting and needing me to hold him, among other things. So when I want a minute to myself now, I want to remind myself of this and there will be a time when it'll be hard to spend just a little moment with him.
I couldn't agree more. They grow out of this stage way too fast and much too soon. Sad...
ReplyDelete