Monkey,
As I read forum posts from other moms with babies your age, I sit back and thank God you're such a happy and easy baby.
We transitioned you into your crib when I went back to work after 6 weeks so the pack n play could go to grandma's for your days there. You had no problems at all! And I actually slept a lot better because I couldn't peek over at you every other minute when you grunted or moved.
At 6 weeks you would have a late night snack around 10:30pm, and then I would get up at 3am to feed you again. That has spread out, and now at 10 weeks, you can wait until 5am for your next feeding.
You have no problems staying with Grandma all day- but why would you? She loves you as much as Mommy and Daddy do.
You don't fuss or cry much- just when you start to get tired during the day and try to fight falling asleep. You hate to miss anything. But like I tell you, I promise we'll be here when you wake.
You're such a good eater too! We never have to force you take the bottle and eat a few ounces at each meal. You love it! But definitely know when you're full. -You push your lips together and puff out your cheeks when you've had enough, and we try to put the bottle back in your mouth.
You don't mind getting a bath or changing your diaper. You actually don't like to be in a dirty diaper for too long. I'm hoping you stay that way so you're easy to potty train. ...You do love to be naked and kick your little legs.
You're extremely happy and talkative. You would coo and gurgle and smile all day if you could. While I have you in your sling when I'm making dinner, you get annoyed if I don't keep talking to you. You don't like to be left out and ignored.
You're cuddly but also let us know when you want to be put down and just chill by yourself.
You'd rather sit on our lap and look out at everything around you then lay flat or lay in our arms now. I can't blame you for being curious. There's a lot out there to see and learn.
At 2 months, I can't believe how much you've grown. You seem so much longer and don't curl into a little softball on my shoulder. And your head no longer fits just in the palm of my hand. But as you get bigger, you get more interactive and fun. It's worth the trade off.
Love,
Mommy
Awww, curious just like his daddy =)
ReplyDelete