Thursday, September 6, 2018

Bye Bye

The summer ended with two doors closed shut. We went from a house full of extra people visiting since the end of June, to just the four of us. We were busy planning day trips, the kids had new friends to play with, and we had adult conversations with others than just ourselves. Then they all went home. School started. Summer ended. Bye Bye.

Philou

Philou came to visit us this summer on a whim. He found a good deal on a plane to JFK and bought it. He stayed with us for two weeks before we dropped him back off in NY.

 Philippe taught Luc how to hold his breath longer under water during our pool days. Now he can hold it longer than I can!



 We went to NYC with Philou the day before dropping him off at the airport. That was a long day, but a lot of fun!

Saying goodbye to Philippe was really hard. Aria fell asleep in the car by the time we got to JFK. I wish Luc had as well. I was sad to say goodbye. But then I got more sad knowing how sad Frederic was to say goodbye to his godson. Then I got extremely sad seeing Luc crying in the back seat and asking to hold my hand as we drove away from the airport. Poor Aria woke up in the car a little while later and looked around and asked where Philippe was. Then she made a really sad face, and there I was again, fighting back tears.

Steph, Johnny, TiTi

Steph, Johnny, and Timea came to visit a few days before Philippe left. Like, I said, we had a full house. And we were busy shuffling people around, spending time together, going places, etc.
We went to the butterfly house and walked around the gardens.





The kids loved most just playing with Baby TiTi. They followed her around, kissed her, played with her, watched her every move, and just straight up loved her. They were also really upset that she had to go home and that she lives so far away.



Summer- end scene.
whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment