Wednesday, August 22, 2018

My Aria-Boo

Aria,

As you're going into Preschool and turning 4 years old soon, I'm replaying the past few years in my head.

You started acting older than your actual age so early, that it doesn't seem like you're only turning 4.

Nevertheless, you are morphing into a wonderful little girl! You're my salty and sweet, my sugar and spice, my spitfire. You throw punches, pose with sass, and fight to make your opinion right. At the same time, you snuggle in close, hug my head resting on your shoulder, and give endless kisses. You care for your babies like you're their real Momma, while also throwing cars around to crash and break them. You cook a perfect chocolate muffin soup in your kitchen and rough up your knees outside with the best of the boys.

You're too dang smart! I fear you'll be bored as anything in preschool this year. Yet, I know you'll make instant "best" friends with many of the girls you'll meet (just like you did at camp this year).
As you grow more and more into your own self and don't let anyone dictate what you should think, how you should feel, and how you should express yourself, I also fear for the future world and what tornado you will reign down on it with your force and power. Please make it to better the world with that precious smile, empathy, and compassion. Leave the potty mouth, hitting, and fighting at home for your brother.

I love you, Aria-boo!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment