The first day of the new year was extremely cold. Like high of 10 degrees, wind chill feels like 8-- cold. It hurt to just look outside.
Luc was invited to have a play date at Noah's house across the street after lunch. So off he went for four hours. While he was away, Frederic and I got to spend some one-on-one time with Aria.
In the last week or so we've been dropping more and more hints to Aria that she needs to start using the potty (she has to be 100% trained to start school in the Fall). At her birthday party, the Grandmas were talking to her about it too.
I already bought princess underwear quite awhile ago when they were on sale. I showed them to Aria last month, but she didn't really care.
Monday, I mentioned again to Aria about wearing underwear and she suddenly got really excited. So I ran with it. I showed her the stash, and she picked out a pair and insisted she wear it right then and there!
And so prompted the spontaneous day of starting to potty-train Aria. Luc has been a great helper. He will encourage Aria to go to the bathroom, he will come with her for support (?), he reminds her to wipe and flush, and also helps her wash her hands by pushing up her sleeves, turning on the water and getting her the soap (not that she can't do it herself, but she likes when he helps her). And then they both ask for an M&M or Raisinette when they're done.
After 6 years of continuous diaper changes, it feels quite strange not doing it anymore. But a total welcomed change! My kids are all grown up and aren't babies anymore :-(
...so here we go! ...

No comments:
Post a Comment