Sunday, November 26, 2017

Luc is 6!

This year we decided to give ourselves a little break and not do our own birthday party for Luc. We booked a party at Pump it Up (an indoor bounce-house place) and shared the party with Fia, Luc's neighborhood friend who turned 5 the week before. Everyone had a blast! And I didn't have to set up or clean up! Awesome!

Luc's Stats:

Weight: 38 lbs
Height: 41.5 in
Shoes size: 11
Clothes: 5T

On Thanksgiving, we gathered the families together to celebrate Luc's birthday with them.



Luc got lots of Lego this year. He also got Batman toys, new games, Magformers, remote control cars, and a trip to the Polar Express (from Mommy & Daddy).



 About our 6 year old

Luc loves things that are geared toward engineering and STEAM. He will connect cars, trucks, and trains together with tape and then connect a remote controlled car in order to make it move on its own. He loves to see how things work and why they move the way they do. He also needs to know why something doesn't work and how it broke.

He loves making crafts, especially rock animals, boat and car kits, and holiday-specific kits from Michael's, bracelets, etc.

Luc is excelling in school. His favorite class is computer class. His handwriting has improved dramatically, and he doesn't hesitate to write a letter or ask how to draw it. His letters have gotten smaller which the teacher says is actually an advanced skill.

He also loves music. We still play a new favorite song over and over, nonstop in the car until he learns every word. He also enjoys playing his ukulele. While sometimes it's hard to get him to sit and practice at home, especially when Aria comes over and distracts him, he loves going to his weekly lesson and learning his instrument. I think it's totally cool seeing and hearing him play songs. I get big Mom Pride when he "masters" something, like playing the C scale without hesitation, and from memory.
While practicing one evening after his birthday, Luc was avoiding playing a certain song he was supposed to practice. I don't want to hound and bark and therefore turn him off from practice or learning an instrument at all, so I let him strum loudly and crazy for a few minutes. Well this evening he started stringing notes together all on his own. So I started to write down the notes he played and liked the sound of, and helped him build off of it. He titled his song: Birthday Cake Song.

I have definitely seen a lot of maturity in Luc in the last year. He thinks harder and more complex, but he also takes more responsibility. He has a better understanding of the world, which sometimes scares me because I would love to protect him from all the evil in the world. But he also has his moments where he thinks the world still revolves around him.

No comments:

Post a Comment