Saturday, Frederic and my parents, and my brother, came over. They sat for a workshop assignment I had to complete for my Health Coach certification class. Afterward, they stayed for a BBQ dinner, and of course Dave hung out with us on the deck til much later.
Sunday, we made plans to hang out with Luc's school friend, Kira and her parents. We met up at their house and jumped on the B &A Trail with our bikes. Even though it reached into the 90's that afternoon, the kids stuck it out and ended up doing about 8 miles. We treated them to ice cream and pool time afterward.
Monday, Frederic had to go into work because he didn't get the day off like I did. Luc reminded me that I had to take him to get his allergy shot since the office was closed on the 4th and Wednesday I had my own appointment after work. So off we went. Then I took the kids with me to the grocery store to get a few things for the beach (we leave Saturday! Yay!). The rest of the day was inside the house so I could get laundry and some packing done. When Frederic got home a little after 3pm, we all went to the pool with our neighbor. After the kids had a quick bath and dinner, Frederic took Luc with the neighbors to see fireworks.
Tuesday, the 4th, was a crazy day.
I decorated all the kids' bikes with red, silver, and blue metallic pipe cleaners.
All the kids came out by noon and the adults had planned a cookout for the court. We started making hot dogs, hamburgers, corn, etc. while they flew kites around the street.
Then we brought out the water guns and water balloons for the kids to get wet and cool off since it was getting very hot and humid. Then the parents decided to turn on the kids and start a water balloon fight.
![]() |
| All the water balloons like confetti on the street |

As the moms were planning how we were going to pick up all the water balloon confetti off the street (we used about 600 balloons), Maricela came up with an awesome idea. She suggested we make it a contest for the kids who could pick up the most balloon scraps into their own plastic cup. Whoever won got a prize (then all ended up getting ice pops). It was amazing. They cleaned up all the balloons and the parents didn't have to do anything. I liked this game the most!
Dinner time came around and we started the grills back up and made the rest of the food. I ran into the house and cooked up some mac n cheese for the kids too. As we were eating, it started to rain, then pour! We finished eating, cleaned up, moved into the garage while the kids either went in or ran around in the rain.
We moms got soaked trying to put things away when it started really coming down.
The best days are those where you don't have to get into the car and go anywhere, you hang out outside talking and joking around, the kids are entertained and playing well together, food is good and belly's are full. Clean up is easy because there are so many hands, and the wonderful company of our awesome neighbors makes the day fun and enjoyable.












No comments:
Post a Comment