Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Pocono Weekend

Aunt Anita and Uncle Ron let us, with Matt and Jackie, stay at their place in the Poconos last weekend.
Besides the slow moving trucks and all the RV/campers, it was an easy drive up. The kids were great in the car too! Whew!


Saturday was supposed to be on the cool side, but clear. But it was still cloudy and cold when we got there. At least it wasn't raining. After we settled into the house, we walked to the lake so Luc could go fishing. No fish were biting because it was cold and later in the day, but Luc still had fun. Aria tried to chase the geese to feed them bread but they kept walking away.




When we were done trying to get fish, we headed back to house where the kids played on the big rocks around the house. We found some salamanders under rocks and Aria tried to killed one.

Later that night, Luc went to bed in the tent set up on the screened-in deck. He was so excited to go "camping" and have Frederic in the tent with him all night.



We ate our BBQ dinner and hung out outside talking. Frederic decided to put branches into the Weber charcoal grill to help keep us warm. But it really didn't do much. It was getting down to 32 degrees that night. I started feeling sick and went inside to go to bed. Around the time everyone else was going to get ready for bed, I got sick. Aria woke up and decided she wanted to sleep on the cot and not in the bed with me anymore (which worked out fine by me since that gave me more room to get comfortable and not have to worry about her falling off when I had to run to the bathroom again). I got sick a few more times that night and didn't get much sleep. No one else got sick, so I'm not entirely sure how I got it.




Sunday morning everyone else had a big breakfast while I finished watching Moana. Then we headed back to the lake to fish. Matt helped Luc get hot dog bait onto the hook and tempt the fish. Luc caught one and reeled it in. Then Matt got another one to bite and let Luc reel that one in. Luc was so ecstatic and proud for his first catches.



Aria was playing by the edge of the water trying to grab pine cones she threw into the lake when she lost her balance and half fell in. So that called it a day.

"I fell! I all wet."


After lunch, we headed home. Luckily it didn't take us long at all, and we pulled into the driveway after 3 hours on the road. The kids slept half way (and Luc slept more than that). And thankfully, my stomach stayed calm the whole way home. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment