Monday, December 28, 2015

Luc Says the Sweetest Things...


Frederic hurt his wrist, or aggravated the carpal tunnel in his right wrist. I told Luc I was going to read to him that night since Daddy's hand hurt too much. I was getting Luc dressed for bed when Frederic comes in and sits on his bed, clearly in pain. Luc leans over and whispers in my ear, "That hurts my heart." [that Daddy is in pain]
After we read his book, I told Luc, "Let's say a prayer. Dear God..." Luc continues: "Please make Daddy's hand feel better for tomorrow. Amen."
When I came back upstairs to get into the shower, I heard Luc talking (the usual as he sings/talks himself to sleep). I creeped to his door to hear what he was saying, and he was repeating his prayer to God to make Daddy's hand better.

----------------------------

Luc, Monday morning after Christmas when I got a new perfume:"I wish you would pick us up from Grandmas-well you do, but take us there too."
Me: "Why?"
Luc, snuggling up to me and holding my arm, takes a sniff of my shirt: "Because you smell so good."

No comments:

Post a Comment