I feel like Baugher's Orchard in Westminster is getting a little stingy and full of themselves. They started charging $1/person (even little kids) to take the tractor to the orchard for picking fruits (maybe a 5 minute ride tops). And they will not let you walk there, so you have to take the ride. When I looked up to see about their pumpkin picking, they charge another $2/person to get to the pumpkin patch. And their prices are a lot more than going to the grocery store. Since it was just my parents and us going this past Saturday, I also wanted to find something a little closer. I had seen people on Facebook going to Larriland Farm in Woodbine and liking it, so I looked it up and decided we would try this farm this year. And their prices were the same, or cheaper, than the store. Score!
It only took us about 30 minutes from our house to get there. And this farm is Huge! You have to drive to get to different sections: apples, pumpkins, broccoli, kale, beets, turnips, etc, etc. We started with apple picking first so Grandpa could make his homemade applesauce. This week is was Fuji and Braeburn apples. There weren't a lot left on the trees to pick, but we managed to find a bunch and have a little snack as well. Luc and Aria loved the apples! I ended up just leaving the apple near Aria's mouth to suck on because the second I would put my hand down she would start kicking her legs for more.
 |
| Sibling snuggle kisses break |
 |
| Yum yum! |

After we paid for our apples, we drove back to the main entrance to get some lunch. It was freezing outside! The sun was hidden behind the clouds and the wind was brutal. Thank goodness we had to get back in the car to drive a mile down the road to get to the pumpkin patch. We blasted the heat and were able to defrost before going back out into the cold. This was the first time Luc had been to a pumpkin patch. Other years we would just pick up a pumpkin at the store. He had lots of fun riding in the wheel barrel. We all had a good time trekking around to find our own "perfect" pumpkin to take home. After picking a small pumpkin, Luc decided he liked the mini, baby pumpkin I had picked out for Aria instead. He's lucky she's too young to care this year.
 |
| The lucky pumpkins |
 |
| Mommy and her pumpkins |
 |
| Luc battling the cold for one more photo |
No comments:
Post a Comment