Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Aria's Baptism


July 12, 2015, Aria was baptized at St John the Evangelist Catholic Church in Columbia, Maryland.
Since my aunt and uncle in New York weren't throwing a party this summer, we decided we would invite everyone to Aria's christening. Since the christening was on a Sunday afternoon, I was not expecting many people to come, especially those who have to work on Monday. But I was happily surprised. Almost everyone was able to make it. I feel extremely grateful for all of them traveling, some as far as 6+ hours away to celebrate with us.

Aria was a gem during the ceremony. Luc was very well-behaved also. When the priest was talking, Luc turned to me and said, He's a good talker. The priest kept making comments that since Aria couldn't speak for herself, we were answering or responding on her behalf. Until she decided to prove him wrong and would start babbling. She didn't even flinch when the water was poured over her head. Nor did she start to cry when the priest took her at the end for pictures. I thought for sure she would start crying since she has stranger anxiety, but nope. She just sat in his arms like she's known him forever.

After the church, we had a party at Grandma and Papa's house. Lots of food and drink and fun. A few people left early, but we stayed well past 9pm.

Aria's Godmother, Marine, bought her christening dress in London. And it fit perfectly.


 
Aria, Mommy, Nikki, Cousin Karen









No comments:

Post a Comment