Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

Mother's Day this year was extra special- I have Two kiddos to celebrate with now.


Though Luc insisted I wake up at 7am with him instead of Daddy and letting me sleep, it was ok. We did the potty routine, had some cereal for breakfast and snuggled on the couch while we watched Little Charmers. Aria woke up and was just talking to herself in the crib until 7:45. Frederic and Luc went to get Munchkins for breakfast and after we ate, we all went on a walk.
When we got back it was time to get ready to leave for lunch with my parents, brother, aunt, uncle and my Grandma. The restaurant was very nice and the food was delicious- with Champagne! Luc was a little restless, who can blame him, but was overall a good boy. I eventually got to enjoy my lunch when my mom took Aria to feed her and let her fall asleep.
After lunch, we headed to Frederic's parent's for a little while. Bonne Maman played with Luc outside, while the rest of us talked (including Aria, who had a lot to tell Bon Papa). When we got home, Frederic made dinner and before we knew it it was time for bed. It was a busy day, but a very nice day.

I love my kids more than I could ever think possible. My heart did expand when Aria was born when I thought I would have to split the room that was already there.
Luc makes me so proud everyday. He is so smart, has a great sense of humor, and is super sweet (especially to his little sister, and to us too even though he likes to pretend he doesn't like hugs and kisses). He amazes me how fast he learns things and remembers it.
Aria is my little smiley. Even though I would rather stay in my comfy bed at 3am, when I go into her room to change and than feed her (which she's finally been pushing til 5-6am this week. Yay!), she gives me this huge smile that makes me forget just how tired I am. She is so lovable and sweet. She's a peaceful and patient baby. She's also becoming very playful. I love watching her personality come out more and more everyday.

Though my patience is tested just about every day with these two, I wouldn't change it for the world. They remind me everyday of my strengths and weaknesses. And they are the reason I try to be a better person.


Potty Trained Updates:

After a few days into potty training, Luc asked me how much longer he has to do this and when he can wear diapers again. Sorry, Bud, you're in this for the long haul. I told him he has to do it forever. I decided not to tell him or until he's so old that he can't anymore. I didn't want to confuse him.
Luc's been awesome with potty training. He wakes up dry, he's only had 2 accidents in the first week, and when we went to DC Saturday for EU Embassy Day, we changed him into a pull up for the metro ride, but ended up keeping him in it the whole time we were in DC because bathrooms weren't really readily available. He held it until we were back at Frederic's office and used the toilet.
He now requests that we don't stand near him and watch or listen while he poops or pees in the little potty we still have out near the dining table. But when he's done, he calls everyone over to see.
My final thoughts on potty training: Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment