Luc was officially accepted to St. Paul's Lutheran School! Luc will be starting Preschool in the Fall. Since his birthday is so late in the year, he'll be with the 3 year old class as he's turning 4. Frederic and I have thought a lot about this and think it'll work out just fine (though we don't really have an option because even to test out of that grade, the birthday cut off is mid-October). Being a Fall baby, I know from experience how hard it is being the youngest in the class. I spent most of the school year struggling to keep up with my peers in class. At the same time, my brother was the oldest in his class and often he was bored with school. We've decided it's best that Luc will be the oldest in his class since boys mature later and hopefully it'll keep him out of trouble in the future. The school he'll be attending has counselors who can take him out for one-on-one teaching if they see he's a little more advanced and needs more of a challenge. I like that idea. And later on there are always advanced classes he can take.
I don't know who's more excited for him to start school, Us or Luc. Not that I want him out of the house just to give my mom a break, but I'm excited for him to learn how to get along better with other kids, have more structure, and mostly- to learn things. I love how happy and ecstatic he gets now when he figures something out, remembers the lyrics to a song, or learns something new. I can't wait til he gets to school and can be happy like that all the time and have access to so much at his fingertips.
Next challenge: Potty training. Luc must be completely out of diapers/pull ups, etc during the day before he starts school. For a boy who has absolutely no more interest in this right now, this will be a trying time.
No comments:
Post a Comment