Thursday, August 21, 2014

Big Brother, Little Sister

 Luc has said he wanted a sister when we first found out we were expecting. Luckily, he got his wish. I'm not sure what he would've done if we told him he was getting a brother.
While I'm not naive and I know the jealousy and competition will soon be coming, Luc has been really good so far about the idea of a little sister coming. Although, he doesn't really get the concept that he and his baby sister have the same Mommy. He also wants to know when she's coming over to play. I tell him after his birthday and around Christmas time.

New things out of Luc's mouth about his baby sister:

When I go into the nursery (Luc's old room) to put something in there for Aria, Luc follows me asks accusingly, "Why you in my baby sister room?" Protective already!

I've been going through some of my old toys and looking at girly toys in the store. Luc likes to help search through things and ask, "Which one baby sister like?" before choosing something.
But then when there's a new toy Luc wants to hold and play with it. I tell him he can until his sister comes and that then he has to share with her. Luc, "Me don't want to share this." I give him the look and he asks all surprised, "Me share my other toys? My cars?"  then... "Okay, me share my cars with baby sister."

I was able to pick up some baby girl socks on clearance at Target yesterday. While taking the tags off and putting them in for the laundry, Luc tells me, "Baby sister need socks, Mommy. Look Mommy, blue ones! Me like them."


We took Luc on his bike for a little walk one evening and a couple with their son and baby daughter were walking across the street. Luc pointed out the little boy and then said, "That my baby sister."

No comments:

Post a Comment