Usually the sharing of bowel movements is saved for medical professionals. But when you're the parent of a toddler, it's everyday coversation as well and movement toward using a toilet is quite exciting.
We've had a training potty sitting in the downstairs bathroom for months now (and one at Grandma and Grandpa's house as well). We've never pushed Luc to use it, we just wanted him to get used to it. Most of the time he follows us into the bathroom and sits on it while we're in the bathroom, pretending to also pee. Once I and my mom have taken his diaper off to sit on it and show him how it works. But that's where it's ended. I don't want to push the potty training and discourage everyone if it doesn't happen right away. Plus Luc is only 27 months old, and I know boys usually take longer to train. So my hopes aren't set for training him anytime real soon. I'm also really not in any rush because the future "accidents" and timing his bathroom breaks, and finding restrooms while out of the house are intimidating to me as well.
However, Sunday, Luc was playing with Daddy in the living room and suddenly he stood up, announced he had to poop and then said "potty", while pointing to the bathroom. He walked to the bathroom door, which he cannot open, and then asked me to come and open the door for him. As I turned on the light, he started reaching for the doorknob and pushing me out of the bathroom. After I few minutes, he informed me through the door that he was done. Sure enough, he had sat on his little potty and pooped (with his diaper on). Woot! And then he did it again the next day.
So I brought down the Potty book we have to get him familiar and some motivation to keep going this route. And I also bought some training diapers for the day when he's really encouraged. We'll see what happens..
No comments:
Post a Comment