On Halloween night, we took Luc trick or treating on our street. Only one person thought he was a cow. Whew. I was worried that only putting on two eyes, the horns, and spots made him look more like a colorful cow than a monster. Ah well. I'll do better next time.
Luc had so much fun. He walked up to each house, grabbed one piece of candy unless they told him otherwise, and always said Thank you. By the end of the night he was warming up to things and started saying 'rawr' to people when we asked him what a monster says. Every time he got a piece of candy and came back to the side walk he had to show Bon Papa and Bonne Maman his 'andy' while holding his pumpkin basket up to show them.
We only let him eat M&Ms, but I think he was having more fun sorting the candy when we got home and pretending to give some to Bon Papa and Bonne Maman.
A friend told me what her friend tells her kids on Halloween. Since she doesn't want them to keep all that candy for weeks and get cavities, she tells them after midnight the witches come and take the candy away from all the kids. I think I might start doing that with Luc when he's a little older...or next year.
| |||||
| Smiling monster |
![]() |
| sorting through his loot |




No comments:
Post a Comment