Wednesday, July 31, 2013

20 Months and other Going Ons


We can see a big difference in Luc since we got back from Belgium. He does things with more coordination and more concentration. He remembers a lot more, and he repeats any word you say.- most of the time they're understandable. He is also more opinionated. He's more dependent and yet independent at the same time. More and more things fascinate him. He loves to imitate what adults are doing and is more and more attracted to 'playing' with other children of any age. If the child is older, he gazes at them in admiration and takes in every little thing they're doing in order to learn from them.


Momma & Luc in the back street, driving through NYC.
This past weekend was my cousin Christina's high school graduation party. Dave came in the car with us as we drove up to Long Island. Even after Dave left Sunday evening, Monday morning, Luc looked where Dave had parked in the visitor spot and said "Dave."
The trip: Way too much traffic. Our lovely GPS also made us go through Manhattan to get to Long Island. Is wasn't shorter. It for sure wasn't faster. But we got to drive around 34th Street. Luc did pretty well in the car rides. He only slept maybe an hour. But thank God for the iPad! That kept him entertained for most of the trip. And the Busy Book I made him for the Belgium trip finally came in handy as well. Luc even got a big, stuffed Mickey Mouse out of the trip. He spotted it in my aunt's basement before bed, wanted to sleep with it in the pack-n-play and didn't want to give it up the next day. My aunt and cousins were kind enough to let Luc take it home.

Luc teaching Mickey how to play the piano.

Luc has been using this over-stuffed monkey that looks like it's laying flat on it's stomach as a pillow in his crib. In the morning when Frederic is getting ready for work, Luc likes to lay his head on our pillows. After a long search in stores and online, apparently toddler pillows are not popular- at least ones that cost less than $50!, Grandma had an extra "travel" pillow that she gave to Luc. I just need to unsew a spot and stuff it more since it's too soft, and Luc could possibly suffocate. Luc is getting very excited to sleep with a pillow, even though he still moves around all over the crib, in every which direction.

Stats

Luc's first bottom canine came in. Teeth total: 15
Luc's also had a growth spurt. He no longer can lay on the changing table. He's too long for it. I haven't actually measured Luc, but the dimension for the entire length of the changing table is  37.5 inches.So take of an inch or two for the sides, and I'm guessing he's around 33 inches long now.

Luc can identify and say the following colors (though he still prefers Blue): Blue, orange, yellow, black, purple, green, red.

Happy Note

This morning when I put Luc into his car seat in Frederic's car, I was saying good bye and getting one last kiss. I said, "Luc, I love you." Luc responded (without being asked this time!) "Lowwv youa." Perfect start to my day. I think I might have skipped back inside the house. <3

Update 8/2/13:

Make that 16 teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment