I keep thinking that when I was pregnant with Luc time seemed to drag on. I felt like I was pregnant for a whole lot longer than 9 months. But when you have this little guy to care for everyday, I can't grasp time at all. Every hour, every minute, every second is consumed. Life is in a whirlwind. I feel like I'm back on that high-speed train in Europe, missing every train stop for a chance to sit back and reflect on this journey. I just keep going and going, watching life flashing by outside the window. Yet, I look next to me at my guys, and it's all calm and smooth sailing.
![]() |
| Luc & Cali |
Luc eats well, for himself. I make it a point not to force Luc to eat more than he wants (so as not to live in frustration). He has a decent appetite, and we're slowly working on exposing him to different foods and textures. He's slowly moving into fruit and veggie finger foods. He's more apt to eat it if he's 1. not confined to his high chair, and 2. you're eating it as well. Luc's growing and is reaching his milestones. And looking at Daddy, it's just not in Luc's genes to be a sumo wrestler- so why add stress to our lives trying to force food down his throat?
There's only one thing about Luc that brings utter frustration, stress, and anxiety into my day: he doesn't fall, and stay, asleep. It breaks me down to tears, a clenched jaw, and literally, hair pulling (my own, not his). I feel that if Luc had any other "issue" at this stage, I could take it on with more patience and strength. But when you're sleep-deprived, over-worked, and exhausted, there's little chance of not loosing my patience and questioning the cruelness of being a Mother.
Luc's gotten into the habit of being held, a lot and when he's sleepy. Or taking advantage of a moving car to catch some Zzzs. So now that he's bigger it's harder transitioning him to nap in his crib. At nighttime, we've worked on this at home, but he still goes through phases (name any new reason as to why) of waking in the middle of the night and welcoming the new day way too early.
![]() |
| The moving of the car and sound of your music makes me sooo sleepy... |
*Luc's Recent Big Accomplishment: taking 1 or 2 steps by himself.
And so it begins...


No comments:
Post a Comment