Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Beach

Luc Loves the Beach!

Last week Frederic, Luc and I met up with my parents and brother at Long Beach Island, NJ. We left just before Luc's first morning nap, and he ended up sleeping for 2 hours. The last part of the trip I sat in the back of the car with him and kept him entertained. On the way home, it was the same thing. Luc did very well in the car. Whew! We were scared of having a crying baby in the backseat on the 4-hour drive.

Luc loved the beach, the sand, the water. On the walk to the beach everyday, Luc's mood changed and he started to get excited. He didn't squirm when his feet dug into the sand for the first time. -He actually wanted to go for walks on the hot sand. Mostly, Luc loved to walk along the shore with the waves crashing at his feet and stare at the ocean.  We bought him a floating vest and Frederic took him into the ocean one day, but when the wave splashed Luc in the face, he wasn't so happy. We also bought a tiny inflatable pool that Luc could splash in and play with his toys. Too keep him from being wet and damp all day, he would sit next to the pool to play. He ended up taking his toys out one by one and sucking on them since they were salty and dipping them back into the water when they no longer tasted like the ocean.

It was perfect timing that Luc's second and third tooth started to cut in midweek. By Thursday/Friday his second bottom tooth had pushed through. His first top tooth came in a few days after. So needless to say, he was cranky and crying. And sharing a room with his Mom and Dad, with no A/C, the teething, and sleeping in a small pack n play (Luc rolls around the whole crib in his sleep), Luc woke up about 5 times per night and was up super early. I can't really call this a vacation for Me, but what can you do?

Here are some pics from the week:
No shirt, no problem! Let's play the drums!
That was a long, hot walk, Mommy. I'm pooped.

Somehow sleeping like this is comfortable.
I like to climb up people.
Luc & Daddy
I'm now a Beach Bum
I wanna walk, Daddy. Let's go!
Luc's footprint in the sand.

Mommy & Luc playin in the lil pool

Yum, salty ocean water tastes so good.

Luc's afternoon beach nap, on Daddy









No comments:

Post a Comment