Saturday, November 26, 2011

Preface

Dear Luc,

I created this blog for Us to remember the details of your first year. Time passes so quickly, we didn't want to forget all the little events. We also created this blog for You. -For you to learn about yourself and the things you will not remember.

Not having more than a few pages of my baby book filled out, I often wonder what I did and what my personality was like as a baby. I thought it might reflect who I am today, how I turned out, but also give me some advice on how to raise my own kids- since I think I came out pretty darned good! But I did not have that resource, and those memories are now gone from everyone's mind.

I also created this blog as an outlet for me. It was a way to vent, to put something into writing hoping it would give me some insight. It was a way to work out problems on my own. It was a way for me to remember becoming a Mom for the first time, how I tread the waters during that journey, and what I discovered and learned from you along the way.

Though there might be some frustration carried over in my writing, never think that you were a bad or difficult baby. You were pretty good and content overall. We all have our moments and bad days. You did too. You're just as human as we are, even as a babe.

Most of all you've brought lots of smiles and laughter into your lives. You've filled our lives with a lot of joy and spirit. We got to see life through the eyes of a baby again and rediscover all the exciting things of childhood that we've left to dust in the back of our adult minds.


You are a wonderful gift from God to us.


Love,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment